A GARDENER primary responsibility is the meticulous appearance of the estate gardens and grounds. The Gardener of an estate will have in-depth knowledge of horticulture and landscaping.
Essential functions of the job may include:
A GARDENER employed by an estate may be required to:
- Maintenance of the garden(s)
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of formal gardens
- Plan and create and plant gardens
- Perform and/or supervise schedule mowing and landscaping
- Purchase supplies, tools, and equipments
- Maintain pools, lakes, water falls, and fountains
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of the driveway, pathways, patio and outdoor living spaces
- Ensure irrigation and lighting is working
- Ability to use, maintain and operate garden equipment
- Have knowledge of the multiple varieties of plants, flowers and grasses.
A GARDENER is typically employed full time for an estate and must be flexible with the days and hours they work. Gardeners may be one half of a working couple and often will require housing as part of their compensation.
- Create, plant and maintain a herb garden for the kitchen
- Create a greenhouse and grow varieties of plants and flowers for the estate
- Program electronics for equipment that provides the ambiance of the estate ie: waterfalls, lighting, pool temperature, etc.
- Supervise outside contractors and maintenance workers
- Prepare and maintain clean garbage facilities for the estate
Minimum requirements for a GARDENER ARE:
If you're seeking professional staff or employment, we invite you to contact In-house Staffing.
- A degree and/or extensive background in horticulture
- A minimum of 2 -5 years experience working for a private estate
- Professional References and a portfolio of the body of work executed previously.
Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
2722 Gough Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Phone: (415) 749-3650
Fax: (415) 749-2083
[ Get Directions ]